With your support 1300 kids received a warm jacket this winter
During a challenging year that’s been a rollercoaster for everyone due to the cost-of-living crisis, PEEK has been right there to support our families and communities. And your support has made all the difference!
This winter we teamed up with Speirs Gumley and hub West Scotland for our Winter Warmer Appeal 2023 and it has been a massive success, providing 1300 jackets and 250 pairs of wellies for children and young people across Glasgow. Our heartfelt gratitude extends to every company and individual who donated to support our campaign this year.
Our CEO Michaela Collins, MBE said, “The success of this year’s campaign exemplifies the true meaning of community, compassion and the power of coming together to make a difference. It has not only brought Christmas cheer to the city but has showcased the strength of unity in times of need. Together, we are making a lasting difference in the lives of children across the city.”
Let’s dive into the highlights of our 2023 Winter Warmer Appeal:
• We directly supported 170 kids through Clyde Cash for Kids and Celtic FC Foundation, giving them £50 each for food, fuel, clothes, and essentials.
• 135 families’ received food shopping vouchers totalling £5220.
• 23 families’ received fuel top-up vouchers totalling £1520.
• 97 young people had fun on Festive Trips to the Panto, Ice Skating, Bowling, and Christmas Markets.
• 43 0-5 years and their families had a holly jolly time at our Christmas Party.
• 200 children, young people, and their families attended our Winter Warmer Event, in partnership with West of Scotland Housing.
A big shout-out to our main supporters this December:
Winter Warmer Appeal Corporate Partners:
• hub West Scotland and their Supply Chain
• Speirs Gumley
• Glasgow Spirit of Christmas
Winter Warmer Appeal Funders:
• Clyde Cash for Kids
• Celtic FC Community Partnerships
• JSMCNN Trust
And let’s not forget the outstanding companies that donated directly to our campaign:
• 3×1 Group
• Arnold Clark
• Beauty Queens Tollcross
• The Dockyard Social
• FAB Salon – Laura Porter
• FDM Group
• Howden, A Chart Industries Company
• Lyndon SGB by BrandSafway (UK)
• Morgan Stanley
• The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice
You all made this year’s Winter Warmer campaign extra special. Thank you so much for your contributions!