Winter Warmer 2022
The effects of the ongoing crisis will be long-lasting. Our families who are already impacted by poverty are continuing to be most affected by the cost – of living crisis through social isolation, job loss and the impact on educational attainment. This winter it will be even harder than before.
Our annual Winter Warmer appeal supports families who attend PEEK services with new warm winter jackets, coats, wellies, clothing, and Christmas gifts. At the end of the article, you can find the many ways to support or donate.
Last year we delivered:
- 1125 new winter jackets and 510 wellies;
- 3871 Christmas Gifts;
- 570 individual families received support with food and fuel over the winter period;
- 540 children received direct support via Clyde Cash for Kids (£35-100 grants to cover food, fuel, clothing and essentials);
- 162 families received Christmas Dinner recipe boxes (3 course meal & basic food essentials);
- 25 elderly kinship carers received food boxes and basic essentials; and
- 523 children and young people experienced a Festive Trip
PEEK will continue to support families who are impacted by poverty to improve life chances… and you can to.
To get involved there are many options:
Buy warm items such as jackets, wellies and cosy essentials – Amazon wish list – warm items
Buy a Christmas Gift – Amazon wish list – gifts
Donate a gift bag in partnership with Glasgow spirit of Christmas – Glasgow Spirit of Christmas
Make a money donation and we can buy for you
Thanks to our cooperate sponsors Hub West Scotland, Howdens and Speirs Gumley who lending a helping hand to provide children, young people and families with the best Christmas ever.