Volunteering with PEEK
*VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS CURRENTLY CLOSED*
If you are aged 14–25 you can volunteer with PEEK through our Thrive Programme.
“PEEK supports young people aged 14-25 from the North and East of Glasgow to volunteer in our communities. Volunteers will take part in a range of training, will have access to accredited awards and will go on to support a wide variety of play and create sessions for younger children.
What you will get in return?
- Valuable experience of working with children and young people in a leading organisation
- Experience of working in a community and school setting
- Travel expenses and reimbursement for any out of pocket costs
- A chance to meet new people, work with the PEEK team and have fun
- Access to an exciting variety of training
- A named staff member to support you
- Access to accredited awards including the Youth Achievement Awards, Dynamic Youth Award, Saltire Award, etc.
What do I do next?
Step 1. Download and complete our volunteer application form – Tell us about your skills, experience and why you want to volunteer with PEEK. Volunteer Application Form
Step 2. Informal interview – Our volunteer roles attract a lot of interest so our team will consider all applications before getting in touch to invite you to attend an informal interview. Please note that this may take up to 7-10 working days.
Step 3. Completion of Training – following the outcome of your interview, you will be invited to attend a taster session before completing Induction and Child Protection training. You will also be asked to complete a disclosure and reference check.
If you have any questions please email: [email protected]”
What does this young volunteer have to say about volunteering at PEEK – Evening times article