PEEK- Possibilities For Each and Every Kid is an award winning children and young people’s charity operating across Glasgow since October 2000. The organisation was initially founded by a local minister – Rev. Irene Bristow, St Thomas Gallowgate Church in response to the deprivation in the area, and the lack of opportunities for youngsters.
For over 18 years: We have contributed to improving the lives of children and young people; We have witnessed first-hand youngsters achieve goals, have aspirations and increase their life expectations and have become an established part of the communities we serve, supporting thousands.
Our mission: ‘ Is to improve the life chances of children and young people by unlocking their potential and journeying alongside them, as they Play, Create and Thrive’.
Young Volunteer Support Worker
- Support the recruitment and training of young people aged 14-25 to volunteer in communities across Glasgow
- Coordinate volunteer timetables and communicate this with PEEK Play and Create teams
- Support young volunteers to achieve accredited awards including Youth Achievement Awards
- Record and monitor volunteer hours, training diaries and progress in line with individual Personal Development Plans
- Contribute to quarterly internal reports and funding reports
- Use social media to communicate with volunteers and showcase their achievements to the wider public.
Staff Benefits: People are at the heart of everything we do and below outlines some of our team benefits:
We have a generous holiday entitlement of 20 days holiday a year plus 14 days public holiday. We also close the office over the Christmas period giving staff an extra 3 days as a special thank you for working hard throughout the year.
We offer, to all staff, an auto enrolment pension scheme with Aviva. We contribute 6% of staff salary.
We believe that staff should be encouraged to think positively about their personal training and development needs. All staff are entitled to two days paid leave to volunteer or undertake personal development.
For more information about the role please click on the attached document – PEEK Young Volunteers Support Worker JD & Spec.doc
Deadline for applications is the 17th September at 5pm