What we do
PEEK’s mission is to improve the quality of life for children, young people and their families through the involvement in effective, creative opportunities throughout the East and North of Glasgow.
Whilst progress has been made with regeneration of this area it is recognised that further input, such as the services PEEK provides, is necessary to help create better opportunities for those in the community. Our work has highlighted the on-going need for the delivery of
Services and support for all children and their families throughout the area. It is the people who will gain most from PEEK and will benefit from our experience of the positive outcomes that can be achieved through play, arts, volunteering and physical activity.
Our specific aims are to:
- Listen to the voices of children and young people
- Break down barriers (religious, cultural, generational, territorial and gender)
- Offer and provide choices and opportunities
- Increase confidence and self esteem
- Broaden horizons beyond limits of East End
- Create a safe environment to experiment and take risks
- Lessen negative behaviour
- Provide training and support to local young people who aspire to work with children and young people
We have worked with many children and young people throughout 2014/2015 in particular we have engaged with 187 young people 13-21yrs, 4941 hours of volunteering completed by young people 14yrs+ and engaged with 1255 children 5-12yrs. All PEEK’s activities are inclusive and are open to all children and young people regardless of gender, race, class, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic origin, physical or mental disability.